Entering the world of IVF is overwhelming. And many of us enter the fertility treatment world under prepared for what is to come. I often hear from many students that they wish that someone had told them what it would be like, or how it would affect their lives.
There is a step missing in the world of IVF as many people walk into that office not knowing what will happen and how they can make their journey less overwhelming and all encompassing.
When you go to the fertility doctor – they are taking over the mechanics of making babies. But that embryo will be placed in your body to find it’s home – so YOU are still important. Your mental/emotional health, your physical health, and your spiritual and energetic health.
Well – I have for you over 2 episodes – 8 things I wish I knew before starting IVF. I’m here to give you that heart to heart you deserve.
My hope is to empower you to transform your experience with IVF to being more informed, in agency of your choices, and experience more ease as you accept the path you’re on and find joy in life while TTC. And really that is what Fertile Body Yoga and the Fringe Fertility Podcast is all about.
Here is what we tackle in this first episode:
- Why it’s important to understand what IVF entails
- Understanding that IVF is not a guarantee nor is it easy or something you ‘just do’
- How managing expectations can balance emotionality
- Why we give up our power to doctors and why we shouldn’t
- Finding acceptance so that you can surrender and go with the flow instead of fighting it
This is such an important conversation to have and I’m so glad I get to share with you my insights that I gathered – AFTER the fact – in hopes that they will support you now in your experiences with IVF.
- Original BlogPost: https://fertilebodyyoga.com/blog/8-things-i-wish-i-knew-before-ivf/
- Kerry’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fertilebodyyoga/
- Join the next Fertility Yoga Series: https://fertilebodyyoga.com/fertility-yoga/fertility-yoga-classes/