Yoga for Early Pregnancy after Fertility Treatment or Loss
Yoga for the First Trimester
If you’re here, you know that the emotions that come with pregnancy after fertility treatment and loss are complicated. Many find this time to be stressful and overwhelming.
The Early Pregnancy program was created exactly for this reason. I’ve been through this process. I remember feeling lost and confused as I felt conflicting emotions I couldn’t explain or work through.
This series provides guidance, tips, and reflections to help you move your body in a way that generates more joy and less anxiety through your first trimester.
The mental and emotional effects of early pregnancy are balanced with the guided meditations and visualizations that I included in the companion guides. This will shift your mindset and extend your practice into your daily life.
“After 2+ years of IVF treatment and 2 early pregnancy losses this series really spoke to me. I felt like Kerry was taking my thoughts and feelings about being pregnant directly from my head and totally validating my experience. This feels really good, like, someone actually gets it. The first trimester can feel so long– between feeling unwell, and the emotional doubt and fear that sets in. Reaching the second trimester is a check-point I was fixated on, and this breaks up that first trimester into smaller more constructive chunks and feels very supportive along the way.”
This program is for you if:
- You recently received a positive pregnancy test
- You want to do everything you can to support your early pregnancy
- You know the benefits of gentle movement, but you’d like expert guidance to make sure it is appropriate for this time
- You’d like to practice at home on your own schedule
- You want to support your mental health during this time to reduce overwhelm
- You want to reduce stress and the effects of stress so that you can enjoy life and nurture your baby
- Involves the whole body, mind + soul
- Fertile Body Yoga Classes: 3 x 45 min appropriate yoga classes that can be easily segmented into 15-minute sections to support your lifestyle and energy levels.
- Fertile Body Meditations: 3 x 10 minute meditations to keep your mind uplifted and focused on positive things
- Fertile Body Resources: 4 companion guides with supportive words, tips for getting through ‘morning sickness’, self-inquiry + journal prompts, so you can bring perspective and growth to your experiences
- This program segments your 1st Trimester into 3 manageable phases:
- The Early Times – goal: to encourage continued growth with gentle movement
- The Feeling Yucky Times – goal: to reduce and manage effects of changing hormones
- Ready to move – goal: gradually begin to move the body more as you feel better physically, mentally, and emotionally bringing more healing into the 2nd Trimester.
Meet Kerry - Your Fertility Yoga Expert
With over 160 hours of fertility and birth-focused yoga training, on top of 1000s of hours working with students through their reproductive journeys, from preconception thru postpartum, I can truly say that you are in informed and caring hands.
I have been teaching weekly Fertile Body Yoga classes and fertility focused workshops in Boston since 2016, working alongside fertility clinics and doctors. Hundreds of people on their family-building missions have found support with Fertile Body Yoga. Most importantly, I personally share in this path with you. After almost 3 years of fertility treatments, multiple pregnancy losses, and eventually having two successful pregnancies, I have first-hand knowledge of how stressful and cyclical these times can be. Read about my fertility journey here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! This program was specifically designed to begin in the very early stages of pregnancy – right after the test. This is often the most under-supported time as you are left to wait on your own while so much is going on inside of you.
This one I totally understand – after loss and many unsuccessful rounds of IVF, we put up walls to protect ourselves. We are scared to sneeze, trip, or twist our torso. The yoga classes provided are extremely gentle and appropriate for this time.
Yes! The second section of the program is made exactly for this time. The poses are restorative and there are breathing techniques to help with nausea. And don’t forget about the meditation and the companion guides! There are tips for dealing with nausea that will help with the mental and emotional blocks that come up at this time.