Meditations & Visualizations created for your fertility journey
Why use guided visualizations and meditations?
Visualization creates an anchor for your thoughts which help quiet the mind. Thoughts can race all over the place when dealing with fertility obstacle – all the what-ifs, shoulds and shouldn’ts – it can become all-consuming and drain your vitality. Visualizations are particularly powerful! When you create a picture in your mind, the body begins to function as if you are where you are in your mind. It’s that mind body connection again!
How meditation supports fertility:
Meditation Reduces Stress: It establishes pathways of relaxation which can be accessed more easily when needed
Meditation Balances Hormones: A regular meditation practice can influence hormone centers that can promote hormone balance and reduce cortisol
Meditation Enhances Fertility: It reduces stress which reduces the stress hormone cortisol and increases reproductive hormones
Meditation Increases Compassion: Over time, compassion for the self and others develops as the inner critic becomes quieter
Meditation Improves Our Quality of Life: Meditation makes us more likely to be responsive (instead of reactive), less affected by the mood fluctuations of fertility treatments, and more rational & calm when making decisions
From day one, Kerry lent an empathetic ear and provided encouragement, guidance and advice. We had a few sessions and I quickly realized that was what my body needed. She also helped me develop a regular meditation practice that is now my favorite part of each day.
Fertility Meditations & Visualizations are for you if:
- You find it difficult to meditate in silence
- You’ve never meditated before and want to ease your way in
- You feel overwhelmed and unsteady in your fertility journey
- You tend to be reactive instead of responsive
- You find sleep elusive
- Your thoughts spiral and your inner critic is loud
- You are searching for a way to ease stress
Have you ever been following a meditation and the leader says something that is distracting? Or the whole time you are thinking that the meditation is not speaking to you the way that you’d like it to? Some people like the imagery of nature while others would prefer a busy city street. Maybe the idea of personifying your reproductive organs to create connection is the vibe you’re going for. Do you prefer music or no music? Does color speak to you? Are there words to avoid or include?
A personalized meditation will give you exactly what you’re looking for.
What to expect with a personalized meditation:
- Talk with Kerry (via zoom or phone) about your preferences (usually about 20 minutes)
- Kerry will create and record your personalized meditation/visualization script
- An AUDIO file will be sent to you to download and it will be yours to keep
The healing journey is segmented into 3 manageable phases where you can stay as long as you need to before moving on to the next stage:
- Pregnancy Loss Meditation 1: Cocoon – for the beginning (or going back to the beginning) when all is raw. Wrap yourself in a protective cocoon and allow the grief to flow through you.
- Pregnancy Loss Meditation 2: Emerge – for when the heaviness and rawness subsides and you are ready to begin to feel lighter.
- Pregnancy Loss Meditation 3: Reentry – for finding the courage and strength to reenter life, albeit transformed from your experiences
Each meditation is 10 – 12 minutes long
***Please note that these meditations are from the Yoga for Pregnancy Loss Program which contains Yoga classes and companion guides for each of the above stages.
These meditations and visualizations were specifically created to carry you through the first trimester – starting from the first positive pregnancy test, moving through the ‘morning sickness phase, and culminating with a meditation for once you start to feel better and more solid in your pregnancy. Also included is a 20 minute Yoga Nidra practice.
- Early Pregnancy Meditation 1: Exhale – You will be guided through a full-body exhale that will also allow you to exhale mentally and emotionally as you enter the first weeks of your pregnancy. The path leading to pregnancy consists of lots of tiny inhales, over and over again, as if you’re holding breath and waiting for pregnancy. Once pregnancy arrives – it can be hard to exhale.
- Early Pregnancy Meditation 2: Pause – This is a guided visualization that encourages deeper breathing to help mitigate nausea and fatigue. The imagery of the sun is used to rain golden nurturing light down upon your baby.
- Early Pregnancy Meditation 3: Inhale – Once you begin to feel better and near the end of your first trimester, this meditation explores further surrender into your pregnancy.
- Yoga Nidra for Early Pregnancy – 20 minutes. A beautiful and calming practice that progressively guides you into a deep state of profound and nurturing relaxation. A favorite of many!
Each meditation is 10 – 12 minutes long
***Please note that these meditations are from the Early Pregnancy after Fertility Treatment program which contains Yoga classes and companion guides for each of the above stages.
Meet Kerry - Your Fertility Yoga Expert
With over 160 hours of fertility and birth-focused yoga training, on top of 1000s of hours working with students through their reproductive journeys, from preconception thru postpartum, I can truly say that you are in informed and caring hands.
I have been teaching weekly Fertile Body Yoga classes and fertility focused workshops in Boston since 2016, working alongside fertility clinics and doctors. Hundreds of people on their family-building missions have found support with Fertile Body Yoga. Most importantly, I personally share in this path with you. After almost 3 years of fertility treatments, multiple pregnancy losses, and eventually having two successful pregnancies, I have first-hand knowledge of how stressful and cyclical these times can be. Read about my fertility journey here.
Disclaimer: While yoga does not guarantee conception, it can help increase fertility by reducing stress, balancing hormones, and providing the necessary tools to help cope with the challenges of a fertility journey.